What is a VA Loan
VA Loans are one of the greatest benefits of being a US Service member or veteran – an excellent home mortgage loan program with great interest rates and financing options.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) supports veterans with a wide variety of benefits and services that extend financial and other types of assistance to Service members, Veterans, their dependents and survivors. One of these services is to assist eligible members to become homeowners. The VA provides a home loan guaranty benefit and other housing-related programs so VA-approved lenders can provide loans to help you buy, build, fix, upgrade or modify a home for your own personal occupancy.
VA Home Loans are not directly financed by the VA, instead they are provided by private lenders such as banks and mortgage companies. The VA actually guarantees a portion of the loan, which allows the lender to provide you with better terms and conditions for the mortgage!
Over 25 million veterans and service members are eligible for VA mortgage financing. Our local lending experts at VeteransAdministratioMortgageLoan.com can help you determine if you are eligible. Briefly the current eligibility requirements include:
- 90 continuous days of Active Duty Service for those currently on Active Duty
- Six years of service in Selected Service of National Guard with an honorable discharge
- If you were discharged due to hardship, reduction in force, due to convenience of the government or with a service connected disability
- In certain conditions, surviving spouses are also eligible.
- Military cadets at service academies and US citizens who served with allied governments during WWII may also be eligible.
Our Veterans Administration Mortgage Loan Specialists are available to answer any questions you have.
This site is not connected with any government agency. If you would like to find out more information about benefits offered by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please visit the official U.S. government site for veterans' benefits at http://www.va.gov